Heavy Equipment Guide
Page URL: http://heg.baumpub.com/products/8193/taking-directional-drilling-in-another-direction
Products | Concrete Equipment, Horizontal Directional Drills, Saws and Drills, Underground Utilities & Pipelines
The JT8020 has a drill frame angle adjustment that lets the operator choose a range of setup angles for different jobsite requirements. Another feature is the hydraulically powered anchoring system. If users need to store the rig overnight, they can detach the drilling unit and leave the anchor frame staked into the ground.
Electric-over-hydraulic controls maximize operator efficiency, with one control operating thrust/pullback and rotation, while pipeloading, thread lubrication, makeup, breakout and unloading are all controlled by fast, hands-free hydraulic subsystems. Among the JT8020’s other ergonomic features is a multi-position, all-weather cab that can be equipped with climate-control systems.
The most powerful of the Ditch Witch line of HDD machines, the JT8020 has an optional on-board, 360-degree rotating crane that can be used for changing pipe boxes, anchoring the unit, lifting downhole tools, and other heavy-lifting jobs. Despite its size and power, the JT8020 sets up in a relatively compact working area. The unit unloads and drives into position on highflotation tracks: rubber for urban applications or steel tracks for rough terrain.
- Volvo Construction Equipment North America offers Fuel Efficiency Guarantee for articulated haulers, wheel loaders and excavators
- New JLG Mobile Analyzer provides remote access for technicians to troubleshoot JLG equipment
- New AEM bulletin emphasizes static electricity risks during refueling
- Financing your equipment in today’s environment
- Construction accounts for about half of Canada's job growth